Warehouse Freight Handler - Day Shift - Now Hiring
Description: Warehouse Freight Handler
On Behalf of Aerotek, we are hiring for a warehouse freight handler position for a warehouse distribution center named: Expeditors that is located in Kent, WA. Candidates will be hired as Aerotek employees, position is full time. Candidates considered for the warehouse role will be responsible for performing all duties as a freight handler. All candidates must be willing to unload/load freight from containers, palletize and performing quality checks on product. Candidates must be willing to lift 50-75 lbs. on a regular basis. Position offers room for growth and forklift operating training and potential pay bump.
- Warehouse position will require proper PPE. Steel Toed boots/shoes
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Safely load and unload products for trucks or containers by hand (50-75lbs boxes)
- Review incoming/outgoing products for damage
- Sort and place materials and items according to organizational standards
- Operate pallet jack to move products within the warehouse
- Wrap/unwrap pallets by hand
- Label products before inspecting and preparing for shipping
- Communicate efficiently with supervisors and teammates
Shift - 7:30am - 3:30pm Monday-Friday W/Overtime and occasional Saturday
Pay: $20.00 Hourly
Location : Kent, WA
- Loading/Unloading by hand
- General Warehouse duties
- Ability to lift 50-75 lbs. repeatedly. Occasionally will lift 120 lbs. between two people.
- Attention to detail with reading numbers and SKUs
- Willingness to unload trucks for entirety of the shift
- Palletizing by hand
- Pallet Jack Operating
- Ability to stand entire shift
- Attention to Detail
- Team Player
- Bad Attitude
- Bad Attendance (Warehouse has strict attendance policy)
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.